What did you do with your tank(s) today?

BPSabelhaus

Watching Woodstock and I'm starting to think his nest where he displays is actually his bathroom lol I hadn't noticed that he's pooping when he does that dance lol
I guess proximity of bathroom to bedroom is a consideration in the new house lol
Since I want to breed Bettas again, printing a brine shrimp hatchery base.
1000015318.jpg

Last edited:

MegaraSai

Haven't gotten around to installing the Sicce due to laziness and the need to modify a couple minor things (much longer oxygen tube and cutting sponge). Accidentally caused another seizure in Crawley (this time the usual stiff pass-out type) doing the usual water change yesterday, but also just plain scared her today - I'm starting to feel like she thinks I'm punishing her for deciding to come out during the day. :( :(

And just want to cheer myself for finally finding a way to get Sai excited about feeding, and thus to eat regularly - for some reason he really likes when I wiggle the floating water sprites and drop food through them, and for breakfast to be in the hour before the lights turn on.

--MS

MegaraSai

Crawley was out all day with what looked like a mild kink in her spine and had a few seizures, but she managed to get around to several different spots and lost no color so it mostly just looked alarming. The appearance of a kink is new, could be a non-obvious injury or something stuck inside I'm guessing considering her desperation to move around despite it. Led me to consider what to replace her with should she die, and that more than with big tanks you have to consider individual personalities and roles when you replace nano tank inhabitants. She's basically the detrivore in the tank, and I have no idea if Parona would pick up the slack, so I'd have to consider maybe a tiny cory(ies) or possibly shrimp again since there is now enough cover most would probably be able to evade Sai. And I'm sad to think that way, like I'm giving up. But there's not much else to be done. :/

--MS

40GallonsOfDoom

It's always tough in those situations. It's never easy to watch a pet get old or injured. But it's also OK to think about the future.
I lost my dog a few years ago, he got me through some tough times during and after my divorce. The last few years were hard on me watching him get older and seeing him slow down and lose mobility. Sometimes I'd feel like a jerk because I couldn't help. But there isn't much to be done for aging. Earlier this year one of my other dogs had to be put down due to illness. Again, I felt bad I couldn't do anything. Being sad about losing one shouldn't keep you from being happy or excited about getting a new one.

BPSabelhaus

Just feeding the last couple days. Had potatoes to harvest and a way overpowered for a 10 year old foam dart blaster is being printed out lol
1000015380.jpg1000015388.jpg

Depending on the spring we put in, it can do up to 270 fps. He's been wanting a magazine fed version of his blaster. There are 3d printed kits you can buy, but no files. I found this crazy thing. Way oversized and overpowered but exactly what he wants. The instructions that come with this free 3d print are better than any instructions provided by any manufacturer ever. I will fight over that statement lol Full color instructions including the printer values, assembly, available alternate versions of parts etc.... This creator is definitely getting a cup of three of coffee.
PXL_20241016_183237926.jpg
Then this happened lol I have 8 different rolls on order. Going to finish it off with colors.
PXL_20241017_044424654.jpg

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Contributing Member Level III
At times I hate having big fish. I get home and the bottom part of my intake strainer is popped off. Then I notice the tabs that hold it in place are broken. So I drill a couple holes and zip tie it in place for now. I will need to order another one now. Not the first time they have done this either.