What did you do with your tank(s) today?

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Contributing Member Level III
Had to buy fish food last night for the red wolf. He is my only fish eating Hikari Massivore and he is still alive despite being partially blind with cataracts in his eyes and having an unfortunate encounter with a gravel vac tube. He is still such an outgoing fish. Likely if he passed I would get another. I did the same when my hairy passed due to age, Replaced with another hairy puffer, though not as outgoing as my last. That is the one nice thing about having multiple tanks, you can keep a solo fish in a tank.

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Logging into the site on my laptop yesterday let me see your tank list. Now I'm trying to figure out how to convince my wife we need a hairy puffer tank. Lol
Its said they can be kept in smaller tanks because of the inactivity level. Ive heard a 20L would work but I would say minimum of 29g for water volume. Mine never got too big but I have seen some get pretty big. So you never know… but they are fun fish.

BPSabelhaus

I think a lip around the sides to keep the weed from escaping would help but a great idea.
It needs to be larger TBH, but that was max size for this printer. Works fine, just not large enough for the 10's and up. I knew it would be too small, but I wanted to challenge the printer with fine printing using a tough to print material.

Should have added, I didn't design it and don't know how to do that just yet lol I'm printing things others have designed and shared on the makerlab. I need to learn that to do Nerf mods for the kiddo. I'll probably start with tweaking basic designs, adding details etc...

Last edited:

40GallonsOfDoom

1000005624.jpg
Spent more money than I should have. But I got these to add some height to the 75g with some food and a little air stone for the little tank.

Not that the stuff was overpriced, I just didn't have anyone there to reign me in. Was desperately trying to think of a place for one of the little rimless tanks they have.

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
3D printing is pretty awesome. A while back I had my brother print out some parts for one of my Fluval FX6 filters. They are these little plastic ‘barrels’ that hold the filter lid on.
IMG_1783.png

IMG_1784.png

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Cleaning one of my FX6's today. This one is connected to the 36w UV. I use an app on my phone called AqDiary to enter in information as to when I last cleaned my filters and replace my Bulbs. Bulb was over a year, so likely not doing much at this point.
IMG_20241012_131540767_HDR.jpg
It felt gimmicky to add under cabinet lighting inside the stand but I appreciate it when I am cleaning.
IMG_20241012_133910725.jpg
I had modified my UV and put in a plug to be able to make bulb changing so much easier
IMG_20241012_134157651.jpg
New bulb installed
IMG_20241012_134443854.jpg
That was one of my fish keeping projects for the day.

Last edited:

BPSabelhaus

PXL_20241012_180630120.jpgPXL_20241012_181349001.jpgPXL_20241012_193512322.jpg

Got good and dirty down at the Tacoma docks at Qwiqwelut park planting native plants and eating homemade cookies and all I got was this cool T-shirt. I was just happy that snacks were provided for play time lol

40GallonsOfDoom

Cleaning on of my FX6's today. This one is the one connected to the 36w UV. I use an app on my phone called AqDiary to enter in information as to when I last cleaned my filters and replace my Bulbs. Bulb was over a year, so likely not doing much at this point.
View attachment 14487
It felt gimmicky to add under cabinet lighting inside the stand but I appreciate it when I am cleaning.
View attachment 14488
I had modified my UV and put in a plug to be able to make bulb changing so much easier
View attachment 14489
New bulb installed
View attachment 14490
That was one of my fish keeping projects for the day.
Is that an l5-20 you installed on the line? You do electrical work?

40GallonsOfDoom

Well I removed the last 3 smaller angelfish. Everyone else is doing good. Did some filter maintenance on both tanks. Got better flow. Decided to put the bubbler in the big tank because I'm just confused at to what could have happened with those little guys. Water parameters are damn near perfect. I'm just chalking it up to poor stock, as they all were eating well and showed no signs of stress. Put the eheim intake prefilter on.
Dropped off my new 2017 with my buddy so he can take measurements for the new media baskets. Started floating one of the pieces of spiderwood. Gonna wait till it sinks before I float the other just so I don't have 2 big chunks on the top of the water.
The little tank is doing great. I'm gonna have to figure out what to do with some of these guppies, but The Fish Store said they'd take the ones I don't want. But i kinda want to keep some of the newer guys because they are much better looking than their parents. Lol

Sorry for the long post, just had an exhausting day, went to costco and it was pretty packed full. So my anxiety and ptsd decided to make an unexpected appearance. It's been a little bit since that has happened, but my wife immediately saw it and made sure to just grab what we needed and we left. In the way back to the car I saw some woman put her cart on the curb next to a tree and let her know that she forgot to put up her cart. This is why I like cats, dogs, and fish more than people.

Ok I'm done.

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Is that an l5-20 you installed on the line? You do electrical work?
Hobby electrical work only. The plugs were from Amazon. I was surprised that there were four wires inside the cord so I ended up getting a plug that would work. The factory set up had like a 12 foot cord which really made it difficult to do bulb changes and store all that excess cabling. Cut the cord short and install plugs to solve a couple different problems.

Last edited: