What did you do with your tank(s) today?

MegaraSai

I hate buying potted plants. If I can get them loose it is so much better for the plants.
Agreed! I ordered the pot online because my LFS wasn't big on plants at the time and 'it' was yellow and orange, not knowing that wouldn't stay true under low light. I did consider giving my LFS some of them, but they only 'take donations' and then turn around and sell small baggies of cuttings, etc, for $6+ which is a nice profit. Might end up someday just selling them for $1 apiece or something.

Sai seems to be mostly recovered. He's been chasing back and forth with Parona today.

--MS

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Contributing Member Level III
Pretty much all the online goldfish vendors were having sales this weekend for July 4th. So now with two tanks going, I knew I wanted a dark fish for the lighter tank. So I just ordered a Pom Pom Black Yuan Bao
IMG_1750.jpeg
When I first got into goldies my favorite were the ranchu but the Yuan Bao are now my favorites. Love the short, stout build and the general roundness to them.

BPSabelhaus

Dropped off some bearded dragon food at the Auburn humane society. Police brought in a bearded dragon that was found wandering. They could only get a few crickets at Petco and contacted us about where to get more. I keep a breeding colony so I took them about 100 and made a nice mixed greens and berries salad to get him by for the week or until his owners get him back.

1000013981.jpg

Got mom in with her daughter's. Going well so far. A few small flares that really shows off how beautiful she is (I am the fairest of them all is the flare) but that's all. Never really noticed how pretty her beard is. It's like a dark pink and light pink pastel mosaic.

PXL_20240708_193119336.jpg

Now Rose is in the kitchen table tank :) Now I can see my two prettiest fish all the time :)

Last edited:

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Morning water change to the 65B goldfish tank in preparation of new arrival scheduled today. Was nice that this online vendor did next day air for what most others are doing 2 day at. So sometime today…. I hate the waiting, lol

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Fish got here early. Was concerned with the hot weather but it was in the shade on the porch and the vendor used a couple cold packs in the insulted box. Got the fish in the tank and he is getting settled in.
IMG_20240709_121449021.jpg

sir_keith

Legendary Member
In spite of the fact that I have ~800 gallons of 80° water in my fish room, that is actually the coolest room in the house in summer because it gets very little direct sunlight. And I really don't like to button-up the house and use the central A/C unless absolutely necessary, but my cats have been off-feed for the last 2 days, so it was time to give them some relief. One of my older kitties gets a 100cc sub-Q fluid drip once a week, which we just finished, and the last thing she needs is dehydration in this heat. So it's balmy inside today; perhaps a few fish chores this afternoon.

IMG_7509r1.jpg

BPSabelhaus

I think I have everything finally moved into their new tanks or outside. 4 empty tanks now lol. Still need to cull the wild guppy tank. I have wild guppy and white peacock Endlers which are staying together. But that tank has also produced orange line (rio tefé IIRC) that I want to separate out.
Baby goldfish are getting big. One is starting to display some orange irridescence over skin that is still clear. Hoping it's white bodies :)

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Hot outside so I stayed in and did water changes in the AC home. Im so glad when we remodeled we insulated the walls, garage door and tapped into AC/Heat. The garage is slightly hotter than the house but still very comfortable.

I think I taught the fish bad habits, since the orandas eat out of my fingers, they have taken to nibbling on my hands and arms during water changes, its cute at first but gets a bit annoying after a bit. My fault, lol.

Wife and I talked about the lighter substrate 65B tank, and she thinks I should mix in some dark into it or go dark substrate completely. She loves how the fish ‘pop’ in the 90 gallon. So Ive been looking for some inspiration to get that tank looking good.

Last edited:

BPSabelhaus

Cute. Woodstock is a bit more apprehensive after clearing out the floaters. Comes up, but won't take unless I drop. Still fun though. Added another two hides close together and he's using both and took offense to me slightly rearranging his main cave and dug out a side entrance and pulled out his lawn I planted lol

MegaraSai

Watched my kubotai suck down half a dry mini algae wafer in one gulp after at least a couple betta pellets. She's eating more than my betta.
:oops:

--MS

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Did water changes on the goldfish in anticipation of new fish arrivals. Waiting on fish to get delivered today and tomorrow.

fishguy1978

Legendary Member
The union contract at work is under negotiation so today was a vote for strike or not to strike (preferably). The union rented T-Mobile Park so we had to leave work at 0930 and take an unpaid absence :mad:.
I got lost trying to get there and somehow ended up at Bridges Pets in Snohomish :rolleyes:. Wow, that store is cool. Stock was crazy odd stuff and typical fare. No T bemba so I didn't leave with any new stock.
While trying to get home I found myself outside of The Fish Store! I had been to the old location but this was a first to the new. Well stocked with typical. I have not seen a store stock brackish in sometime and there is a decent selection. I did get an adult albine hoplo that had been surrendered :cool:. Not much in the way of Africans either.

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
New fish came in and in the tank now. The one on the right is the newbie, a 'gold coin' sukura ranchu
IMG_20240717_133051504.jpg
Wish the picture was clearer, but the fish was moving around, lol

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
The union contract at work is under negotiation so today was a vote for strike or not to strike (preferably). The union rented T-Mobile Park so we had to leave work at 0930 and take an unpaid absence :mad:.
I got lost trying to get there and somehow ended up at Bridges Pets in Snohomish :rolleyes:. Wow, that store is cool. Stock was crazy odd stuff and typical fare. No T bemba so I didn't leave with any new stock.
While trying to get home I found myself outside of The Fish Store! I had been to the old location but this was a first to the new. Well stocked with typical. I have not seen a store stock brackish in sometime and there is a decent selection. I did get an adult albine hoplo that had been surrendered :cool:. Not much in the way of Africans either.
Sorry to hear about the job issues... but cool that you got to check out Bridges and The fish Store! Way cool on the Hoplo!