Members'fish pics

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Contributing Member Level III
My current trimac project down to these two fish:

Trimac #1
What I like: elongated body, awesome trailers, one ghetto eye 'teardrop'.
What I dont like: uneven looking 'flowers' on side and a bit skittish.
IMG_20210822_133232350 (1).jpg

Trimac #2
What I like: nice even 'flowers', 'teardrop' under both eyes, a bit more bold and outgoing than #1.
What I dont like: stays very dark looking all the time, has a weird pigmentation in eye on other side.
39B1C807-7297-4453-81D3-1076ED6EE3DF.jpeg

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
I dont know about the rest of you guys but Im running out of good pictures to post.

This was the Petsmart red devil I recently rehomed. A goodbye pic of the fish. I really wish I had a better shot of it when it had a bigger hump and was at its prime. This one is an older pic.
IMG_20201218_153705228 (1).jpg

sir_keith

Legendary Member
This is not my pic, and it is not one of my fish, but it's so pretty that I thought I'd post it anyway.

The enigmatic 'Ilangi Moorii', thought to be a rare, naturally occurring hybrid between Tropheus sp. 'red' Chilanga and T. moorii Nangu. Status uncertain in the wild, as it's tiny range in Kasaba Bay is inhabited by numerous large crocodiles. :(

ilangi_01.jpg

Last edited:

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Alto pic I posted is from a site I just ordered one from along with six of these guys:
Screenshot_20210424-175501_Gallery.jpg

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
@lloyd378, Is that an ‘inkfin’? I just ordered one on our Sand City Cichlids order for my tank.

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
40981B2A-7CBD-4959-BEF4-01DBE1DCCEEF.png
Got trimacs on my mind… two little males that I need to whittle down to one… this pic is my old trimac that had all the issues

lloyd378

Administrator
Staff member
@lloyd378, Is that an ‘inkfin’? I just ordered one on our Sand City Cichlids order for my tank.
Not sure, I bought it from martin Henry’s as an altolamprologus calvus. There was no additional information shared about it. When I got him has barely an inch. He is probably 2” now

lloyd378

Administrator
Staff member
If always thought about doing a Calvus type of tank, or some more rare Frontosa.
They have always piqued my interest, which is why I picking up two more…. But sir Keith’s fish ( I can’t remember the name now, but they were yellow and almost peacock cichlid shaped) but they may be in cards down the road…. I mean way down the road

sir_keith

Legendary Member
They have always piqued my interest, which is why I picking up two more…. But sir Keith’s fish ( I can’t remember the name now, but they were yellow and almost peacock cichlid shaped) but they may be in cards down the road…. I mean way down the road

Ophthalmotilapia nasuta Kipili Gold male in normal coloration; breeding dress is much darker-

IMGP6613R5.jpg