Members'fish pics

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Contributing Member Level III
Another pic of a fish of old. One of my favorite catfish Ive ever owned, a Brown Hoplo (forked tail). Very outgoing and personable catfish, he would eat bloodworms from my fingers. Basically a very big cory cat.
DSC01396.JPG

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Another fish from the past, a giraffe catfish. This one in particular was interesting in that it was a Volta catch location and is said to be a much smaller variety that would maybe get to about 14-16" instead to the more common at over 24"+. This guy would totally rearrange my tank so I rehomed it. It would push all the plastic plants to one side of the tank so it could hide in them!
DSC03795.JPG

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Another fish from the past, a black belt. This guy was very nippy. Would not do it when I was in front of the tank but would catch it sneaking up on fish and nipping scales. so another fish of the past rehomed...

BB_1.JPG

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Yet another fish from the past.... bocourti

Very similar to the Pearsei but lacking the outgoing personality. This one is the more colorful of the two but being very similar looking fish, it was very hard to get the pearsei and bocourti to live together peacefully. I would place the pearsei as the more mild of the two. So another fish that did not get along with my pearsei back in the day so it too was a rehome.
boc_1.JPG

Modest_Man

And I got it from Vancouver_98683 (Sam I think his name was?). They were super cool fish (there were two). Always nearer the bottom in the pecking order in my tank but had more aggressive fish.