SHOW OFF YOUR TANK!

hbluehunter

sidekicking said:
Thats a really long tank hbluehunter looks great. is there some severums in there too?
why did you switch sands?
It really bugged me that i didn't have enough sand to have any real depth in the tank. I had 2 five gallon buckets full and that was it.. And the new sand i have 200 lbs in there..lol
You're right i do have a couple sevs in there too, they're Red Sevs i grabbed a couple years ago, they've turned out real nice. Right now i'm just kinda thinning the fish a little. I have way more that i wanted to keep in there..

Adonijah

My 75 gallon CA tank

acc95604.jpg

My 55 gallon African tank
b3d55244.jpg

:)

lilfishie

Just to update, here are my saltwater tanks

75 gal mixed reef

IMG_1612.jpg

90 gal softy tank

IMG_1610.jpg

54 gal corner softy tank

IMG_1611.jpg

34 gal RSM FOWLR

234.jpg

I will have to post new pics of the freshwater tanks later.

unconv-reefer

For a year and a half in reefs they look great, better than some I've seen with more years, can't wait to see it in a few years. Good job!!!!!!!!

lilfishie

Thank you Unconv-reefer

I was looking at some old pics and realized I need to take some new ones.
So here are some before and after pics of the fresh water tanks
Before shots are about a year ago
After shots are today

Before 40 gal cold water tank
DSC05798.jpg

After
DSC06335.jpg

Before 55 gal tank
DSC05294.jpg

After
DSC06342.jpg

Before 29 gal tank
DSC05295.jpg

After
DSC06341.jpg

Couple extra shots
DSC06332.jpg

DSC06339.jpg

DSC06343.jpg

This is my little halfmoon plakat betta
"The Plakat is a short-finned version of the common Betta. They are usually more active than the long-finned Betta's, because they don't have the long elaborate fins to slow them down. Also, they are known to have more resistance to disease"

unconv-reefer

I suppose I'll play;

Be nice these were taken from my phone, and it's tough to get a picture of everyone happy at the same time :p

2011-02-12180428.jpg
[/img]

2011-02-12180441.jpg
[/img]

2011-02-12180535.jpg
[/img]

lilfishie

Sweet tank unconv...
That carpet anemone is beautiful.

What is the teal piece just to the left of the anemone. I cant quite make it out. And yes I am wearing my glasses. I still cant see! HA

Adonijah

Uncov, first picture bottom left. What is that?
Amazing salt tanks. I was at midway today and they are having killer sales. I got quoted 549 for a 180 with overflow lights and glass tops. Girlfriend told me I could buy it and put it in storage. What a tease. :D

unconv-reefer

Lilfishie Thanks, had the carpet since it was a wee little thing, don't laugh too hard but the teal thing is mushrooms.

It's a finger leather coral,

Sounds like a good price, just realize the standard lights they sell (most of the time) won't work. Storage :p

unconv-reefer

Thanks Fyurae,

Lilfishie, I'll see what I can do, stll tryting to get the red Zoa for you, I'm not a fan of cutting unless as a last resort. Trying to get them to grow on a couple of different rocks.

lilfishie

Dont cut anything if you dont want to. If you can one to grow onto a seperate rock, that would be cool. We'll get together one day.

Llovsbarbie

My 9 month old's first aquarium. Just set it up to day. Believe it or not, I am gushing with pride on this one. Means a whole lot more when it is your son's first pet.

unconv-reefer

Very nice setup, I understand that, eventhough not my son's first pet but I just set one up for him 2-3 weeks ago, oh and he is a year younger than you so not nearly as special as when you have such a little one. Good luck with the tank, and the little one :D

A

Anonymous

here is my little comunity/growout tank.
its been up and running for about two years now.

400 gallons & 4 amps, 4 garrs, 4 polypterus, 3 catfish, 2 marblehorned plecos, 2 parachhromis, 2 oscars

1 big happy family (sometimes!)

P1000661.jpg