Places to buy goldfish online

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Contributing Member Level III
Ordered from chuchugoldfish one more time. A panda orandaIMG_1755.jpegIMG_1756.jpegIMG_1754.jpeg

Fish arrived safely
IMG_20240718_165117711.jpg
In the tank
IMG_20240719_065415370.jpg
IMG_20240719_065705293.jpg
Edit 8/9/24 - Udate, Very strange mystery death with this fish. No clue as to why. It had been eating the day before and seemed good and then find it dead in the morning. I had been treating tank with antibiotic for another fish with a swim bladder infection and not sure if the infection is contagious or what, but that is all I can come up with. There are two other goldies in the tank and they both seem fine.

Last edited:

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Ended up placing an order with kingkoigoldfish.com for a couple fish since I ended up losing my gold coin sakura ranchu due to swim bladder infection.

The new fish are a Milk cow ranchu (basically a calico with a cow pattern)
MC1.jpg
MC2.jpg

The other fish is a Dragon eye pearlscale
DEP01.jpg
DEP02.jpg

This was the company I got my red and white Lionchu from and was happy with the quality of the fish. I did ask for cold packs considering the weather.

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Got an email about one of the fish: "The milk cow ranchu has an inflamed lateral line and we recommend that we hold the fish 1 week as a safety precaution. We don't expect any major issues with the fish but as shipping can be very stressful, we want to do what is best for the fish."

I opted to wait a week but is this something really bad?

sir_keith

Legendary Member
Got an email about one of the fish: "The milk cow ranchu has an inflamed lateral line and we recommend that we hold the fish 1 week as a safety precaution. We don't expect any major issues with the fish but as shipping can be very stressful, we want to do what is best for the fish."

I opted to wait a week but is this something really bad?
Depends on what's causing the inflammation. Is it an infection? If so, of what? One obvious possibility is Hexamita, which can also present as HITH disease. As you know, this is no joke. It could also be an autoimmune reaction, which is not contagious, but very difficult to treat. I don't know much about goldfish, and the supplier doesn't seem all that concerned, but given your recent issues with goldfish, I'd be cautious.

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Vendor said fish was looking better and would ship this upcoming week. I asked if they did any medication and if they recommend to continue treat. Waiting on response.

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Decided to try another fish from Kaiju, this time a Yuan Bao panda. I will be putting all new fish through quarantine.
IMG_1767.jpeg

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Sadly got an email this morning that one of the online vendors was closing their doors
Capture.JPG