what fish have personality?

Fish Addict

I have always wanted to see a fish grow from really small to huge.... Where would I find a really small Oscar? I think it would be fun to see but I don't want it if it is a HUGE hassle but I do understand it would be a hassle

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Contributing Member Level III
Petco and Petsmart have small Oscars all the time. Usually around $7.

yukoandk

This thread is under cichlids, so goldfish may not qualify, but I love my goldfish--they're like underwater puppies.

sandnuka

I dont know many fish shops that dont carry oscars.... they pretty much flooded the market, thats why they are so inexpensive and people are bored of them.

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Contributing Member Level III
sandnuka said:
I dont know many fish shops that dont carry oscars.... they pretty much flooded the market, thats why they are so inexpensive and people are bored of them.
Actually they are not really "inexpensive".

For 1-2" fish they run $6.99 for 3"+ $12.99 at Petsmart.

Inexpensive are Convicts that no matter what size are $2.99, Jack Dempseys $4.99, even saw Red Devils at $3.99

Oscars are a little high priced considering how "common" they are.

They are not the "in thing" right now but they are a great wet pet.

Fish Addict

Yeah I was hoping to raise it from under an inch but I might have to settle for 1"-2". I can't raise goldies.... I used to feed them to my uncle's 5 30lb bass and by feed I mean it was a good portion of their diet. So when I have goldies I feel like I have to feed them to something larger.... Just Pavlov at work I guess