My catfish

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Contributing Member Level III
What type of cats are those? They look cool from above.

fishguy1978

Legendary Member
The C similis have spawned. I had not done a water change for a few weeks and the heater was set for ~80F. I lower the heater setting to 74F about 2 weeks before draining out about 10g. I added tap water a week later but only enough for a steady discharge from the airlift tube. Tank is still unheated.
The eggs are 1-2mm in size and super sticky. I found some stuck to the glass but most were in the java moss mass. I moved what I could find to a floating fry box.IMG_20240711_201744500~2.jpgIMG_20240711_200714991.jpg

Last edited:

fishguy1978

Legendary Member
I had to euthanize 3 striped Rafael's today. This makes 4 dead this week. I did a water change and gravel cleaning on the 260g. Shorty after they were all hanging out at the surface. Eyes turned cloudy and their fins started showing red. So, I moved them to the new tank added some mature bio media and paraguard. They just steadily declined. They are the only fish that were effected. The spotted raphaels, hoplos and Choco's are fine.IMG_20240807_175513182.jpg

lloyd378

Administrator
Staff member
Contributing Member Level III
I had to euthanize 3 striped Rafael's today. This makes 4 dead this week. I did a water change and gravel cleaning on the 260g. Shorty after they were all hanging out at the surface. Eyes turned cloudy and their fins started showing red. So, I moved them to the new tank added some mature bio media and paraguard. They just steadily declined. They are the only fish that were effected. The spotted raphaels, hoplos and Choco's are fine.View attachment 14298
Did you test the tap water coming in after the water change? It almost seems like they suffered from ammonia burns

fishguy1978

Legendary Member
C similis fry. Same one in each pic. Yes, the first two pics are the same. Feeding primarily gindsl worms but they are starting to take .5mm fry pellets. IMG_0263.jpeg
IMG_0263.jpeg
IMG_0262.jpeg